It’s been a very busy few weeks for people involved in email marketing with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force. I’ve written about how to mass delete unsubscribed Mailchimp subscribers and how to delete unsubscribed and deleted Mailchimp contacts. Below are instructions on how you may unsubscribe multiple contacts in Mailchimp at the same time. Fortunately it’s simple to unsubscribe multiple contacts quickly and easily. Keep in mind that contacts with a status of cleaned or unsubscribed cannot be unsubscribed (for obvious reasons).
How to bulk unsubscribe Mailchimp contacts
Follow these instructions to delete multiple Mailchimp contacts:
- In Mailchimp, click Lists to the top of the page to view all your lists.
- To the right of the list you want to unsubscribe contacts from, click the arrow next to the Stats button.
- Click Manage Contacts.
- Click Unsubscribe people.
- Paste or type the email addresses you want unsubscribed into the highlighted box.
- Click the Unsubscribe button.
This means of unsubscribing contacts will work with tens of thousands or even just a few contacts.
Congratulations, you have now unsubscribed all the email addresses that you wanted.