Mailchimp announced yesterday that Automation will be available for all accounts (even free subscriptions). You can now setup your drip-marketing and auto-responders even if you are on a free Mailchimp account.
In my Mailchimp training sessions I show people how to setup and use Automation. Attendees are usually amazed at how simple it is to setup an email series or product purchase follow-up. Many have contacted me after training to say how much Automation has added to their business in addition to the time that it has saved them in their marketing activities.
Examples of how businesses use Mailchimp Automation
Here are just a few instances when my training attendees have setup automation and found substantial results:
- A used car dealer sends car service reminders to those that have purchased cars and has seen a substantial increase in buyers using his car servicing.
- A dentist sends a series of teeth hygiene tips after a customer sees her. This reinforces her brand.
- A beauty spa sends a discount voucher automatically to subscribers two weeks in advance of the contacts birthday for the use of a treatment on the persons birthday.
- An online seller of smoke alarms sends a reminder to buyers each six months reminding them to change their batteries (with a link to purchase new batteries).
- A wine farm sends tasting notes to buyers of their wines. They have seen a marked increase in repeat sales since starting this Automation.
There are just so many ways that Mailchimp Automation can be used to simplify marketing and increase sales. Contact me if you need assistance with Mailchimp.