One of my regular clients asked the question I have noticed that on some websites the Woo toolbar is on the pages while on others not, do you know why that would be. I particularly like some of the tools, such as Woo columns instead of installing the WP easy columns. After a bit of searching it appears that many people are encountering this same issue where the Insert WooThemes Shortcode icon isn’t appearing in the WordPress Page or Post editor.
The problem is caused by using certain versions of the WooFramework or certain WooThemes theme versions (I’ve seen this quite a bit with the Canvas theme). Here is how to apply updates and restore the shortcode icon in the Page and Post editor.
- Go to Canvas -> Framework Settings.
- Place a check in Theme Update Notification.
- Place a check in WooFramework Update Notification.
- Click Save All Changes.
- Go to any URL on the Site (this will force a check if there is an update).
- Go to Canvas -> Update Framework and apply any update.