Why Repair and Optimize WordPress Database?
For any number of reasons including normal use, database tables become less efficient or even damaged (although they may continue to function normally). It is therefore a good idea to occasionally optimize database tables and, when necessary, repair tables.
There are a number of WordPress Plugins available that will perform the required optimization and/or repair however it is very simple to perform these activities without using a Plugin.
How to Use phpMyAdmin Repair & Optimize
Here are the steps to Optimize and/or Repair your WordPress MySQL Database tables using phpMyAdmin:
- Login to your Webhost hosting account.
- Click phpMyAdmin
- Select your WordPress database from the dropdown list:
- Ensure you are at the Structure tab
- Check the tables on which you want to perform actions (or select Check tables having overhead)
- At the end of the list of tables there is a drop down list. Select either Optimize table or Repair table.