For any number of reasons you may wish to embed a Tweet in a WordPress page or blog post. Fortunately this is incredibly simple and no HTML knowledge is needed. Just follow the instructions below.
How to get the URL of a Tweet
First off we need the URL of the Tweet that we want to show in our page or post. Here is how to copy the URL:
- Go to your Twitter profile (or the profile of the person/organization who Tweeted). Mine for example is https://twitter.com/ecksteing
- Click the Tweet that you want to show in your page or post.
- Copy the URL from your browser address bar (e.g. the URL of the Tweet below is
— Gary Eckstein (@ecksteing) January 29, 2015
How to show the Tweet in WordPress
Now we need to instruct WordPress to show the Tweet in your Page or Post. To do this:
- Go to the edit screen of your page or post.
- In the Visual tab (as opposed to the Text tab) paste the URL where you want the Tweet to show.
- Update or Publish your page or post and the Tweet will show.
That’s all there is to it. Easy!