Is the required hyperlink/URL not saving on your WordPress Blog or Website images? I recently saw this problem for the second time and have discovered a solution.
I’ve seen a few articles that recommend that the problem of image links not being saved on a Page or Post is related to either or all of Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer however, where this error was occurring that I saw, all browsers were affected. This error is also a known WordPress problem.
Anyway, I don’t yet know what is causing the image hyperlinks to disappear but here is a solution that worked for me:
- Go to ‘Edit Page’ or ‘Edit Post’ where you have the problem.
- Click the image and then the ‘Edit Image’ icon
- Click the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab
- Under ‘Advanced Link Settings’ delete anything in the ‘CSS Class’ field
- Click Update.
- Again, click the image and then the ‘Edit Image’ icon
- On the ‘Edit Image’ tab enter the required link URL in the ‘Link URL’ field.
- Click ‘Update’
- Click Update to save your Page or Post.
- Smile 🙂