One rather strange and annoying characteristic of using ClickBank to sell products or services (i.e. as a vendor) is that there there isn’t an instant email notifying the seller of a sale. Of course this doesn’t matter too much if selling a digital or other downloadable product but it really matters if the vendor needs to do something manually to provide the product or service (e.g. a WordPress premium install service).
ClickBank vendor emails with WordPress
If you, like tens of millions of other people, use WordPress to power your Website then there is a very simple solution. Installing a Plugin that enables ClickBank sale emails and performing a few steps at clickbank.com is all that is needed.
- Install and activate the ClickBank Sale Notification Plugin on your WordPress Site.
- Login to ClickBank and go to Settings -> My Site.
- Click Edit in the Advanced Tools section.
- Enter a secret key of 16 characters (numbers and uppercase letters).
- Request access to the API and then enter http://YOUR-DOMAIN/notify.php in the Instant Notification URL and select 2.1 as the version.
- From the WordPress Dashboard go to Settings -> Clickbank Sale and enter the necessary information and click Save Options.
It’s worth performing a test purchase of your ClickBank product to ensure that you are now receiving emails when a product is purchased.
ClickBank vendor emails with using PHP
For those not using WordPress there is an option to use a simple PHP script (that uses similar functionality to the WordPress solution). I haven’t tested this solution but head on over to the ClickScoop Website to check it out.
There we go, you now know how to Set-up Email notifications for ClickBank Sales.