A client had an interesting Mailchimp question; how could she send a campaign email to all subscribers that weren’t in any groups? Fortunately this is easy to achieve by using segments. Here are the instructions.
To send a campaign to all subscribers that aren’t in any groups:
- From the Mailchimp Dashboard go to Lists.
- Click your list name.
- Click Segments then New Segment.
- Click the arrow next to Date Added and select your group field.
- Change one of to none of.
- Click in the field with the list of groups and drag your mouse pointer to select all groups.
- Click Preview Segment.
- Click Save Segment.
- Name the new segment and click Save.
You’ll now be able to send a campaign to the new segment (that contains all subscribers that don’t belong to any groups). If you’d like to be far more effective with your email marketing then join us for Mailchimp training.