Two common ways of adding Mailchimp fields
There are a few ways that a new field may be added to your Mailchimp list. The most common is by adding a new field when performing an import of subscribers from Microsoft Excel or a CSV file. The other popular means of adding a new field is by adding a field in the Form Builder.
There is a third way to add a new subscriber field which is far quicker that the two ways described previously.
The quickest way to add a Mailchimp field
- Login to Mailchimp and click Lists (near the top of the page).
- Click the list name to which you require a new field.
- Click Settings then List fields and *|MERGE|* tags.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Add A Field.
- Select the type of field you require.
- Change the name of the field from Untitled and click Save Changes.
You now have a new field in your list.