For most organizations, a single Mailchimp audience makes marketing more effective and less costly. In addition, having a single audience makes spam law compliance far simpler (you won’t send email campaigns to unsubscribed contacts in error).
In this video I demonstrate how to move from multiple to a single audience. During the process I also show how to tag contacts so that you can identify the originating audience. There are various steps:
- Determine which Audience will be the ‘master’.
- Tag contacts in the master Audience.
- Export old Audiences.
- Import ‘Unsubscribed’, ‘Cleaned’ and ‘Non-subscribed’ first then ‘Subscribed’ contacts.
- During import, tag contacts.
- Rename ‘Master’ Audience.
- Archive contacts in old Audiences or delete old Audiences.