If you share your Mailchimp email campaigns to Facebook then you may have noticed that the post in Facebook doesn’t look good. Recently many of my Mailchimp training attendees in Australia have asked how they may control what is shared from Mailchimp to Facebook in order that the Facebook posts may look better.
For example, when you share your email campaign to Facebook you’ve probably noticed that the main image is often cropped, stretched or otherwise looks distorted. This is particularly true if you use images that are rectangular and not square.
How to make Mailchimp campaign images look better in Facebook
The ability to share your email campaign to Facebook (and Twitter) is awesome however it can look very unprofessional in Facebook unless a few simple steps are taken. Follow the instructions below and the images in your Facebook posts from Mailchimp will look great.
- Go to the Design step of the Campaign Builder for your email campaign.
- Click Preview and Test to the top right of the screen.
- Click Social Cards.
- Click Enable Customized Social Cards.
- Under Featured Image, click Next or Back to choose an image from your campaign or click upload an image to upload an image.
- Add a title for the card in the Title field.
- Add a description in the Write a short description about this image.
- Click Save & Close.
You may also do the same for Twitter and Pinterest if you wish. In addition, a valuable tool is the Facebook debugger which may be used to see how shared content will look in Facebook.