We’re currently selling our house in West Pymble, New South Wales, Australia. As I make my living from helping organizations get more sales from EDM, specifically Mailchimp, I often analyse how sales people use, or don’t use, email marketing.
For property sales, Segmentation and Personalization are critical
It does surprise me how few estate agents use email marketing and further, of those that use EDM, how personalization and segmentation is so seldom or inadequately used. Estate agents often have a wealth of information about prospective buyers which makes personalization and segmentation simple and effective.
Segmenting based on post code sees a 49% increase in click rates so why wouldn’t a seller use the post code to segment when the chance of a recipient clicking a link increases so dramatically.
Subject lines which include the recipients first name result in a 22% higher chance of the email being opened so it is crazy not to be personalizing content.
What Segmentation and Personalization should Estate Agents be doing?
Even although I have a large No Junk Mail sign on my letter box, it still seems to attract a vast number of printed flyers about houses for sale in the area. As I receive these printed flyers it’s evident that quite a few people are putting alot of time and money into designing the content. It would be very easy just to take the text and images, personalize the content by including a first name, and then sending as an email campaign to buyers interested in my area (i.e. segmentation).
Benefits of Mailchimp for Estate Agents
The advantages of sending email campaigns to prospective buyers is massive. The benefits include:
- It’s possible to see exactly which property or properties the prospective buyer viewed from the email campaign (and the active buyers can then be engaged with a telephone call).
- Prospects that are no longer in the market can unsubscribe themselves meaning less time wasted on lost prospects.
- Prospects will only see properties that match their buying criteria such as price range and neighbourhoods.
- Through Mailchimp member ratings it’s quick to see which are the most active prospective buyers.
- The cost of Mailchimp is very low and has a measurable and proven high ROI (Email ROI is 28.5% compared to 7% for direct mail).
If you’re an estate agent then contact me to see how I can assist you in getting more sales from email.