You need to send a PDF file, a form or other type of file as an attachment with your Mailchimp email campaign. How do you send an attachment?
Attachments are handled slightly differently with a Mailchimp email campaign. Most people want to send a file as an attachment in an email message. This is very inefficient as it forces the recipient to download the attached file even if they don’t want to download the file.
In Mailchimp, instead of sending the attached file to all recipients, we send a link to the file and the recipient then clicks the link to download the attachment when they wish to view the file.
- In the Content section of the Campaign Builder, click Edit Design.
- On the Design step, click an existing text content box or drag and drop a new one into your layout.
- Create the text you want to link and highlight it.
- Click the Link icon.
- Click the Web Address drop-down menu, and choose File.
- Click Upload to choose a file from your computer.
- Choose your file, and click Open to upload it to the Content Manager.
- The URL of your uploaded file will be automatically added to the Insert or Edit Link pop-up modal.
- Click Insert.
Note: The steps above store and then deliver your attachment from Mailchimp servers. You could always link to a file stored in Dropbox, Google Drive, on your website or most other web storage places.