Per Mailchimp, there are a few criteria that are necessary to be eligible for the three months free. Here are a few of those items:
- Invoice must have been paid.
- Clients may only be given the three months free offer once.
- The client must be a paying subscriber of Mailchimp.
- Only providers deemed able to provide the discount may offer the discount on behalf of Mailchimp.
- Mailchimp provides the three months free and at their discretion.
Once my clients have paid their invoice then I request the three months free subscription for them from Mailchimp. The discount is usually approved by Mailchimp within a day or two.
Clients often ask how they know that the expert discount program has been applied to their account. This is how to see if the three months free subscription has been applied:
- Login to Mailchimp.
- Click your name to the top right of the screen.
- Click Account.
- Under Monthly plan you’ll see the words Monthly plan free for 3 months if the credit is being applied.
NOTE: Mailchimp is stopping the credit of three months free at the end of 2017.