Thanks for joining my Mailchimp class. Below are various resources that compliment the training I deliver.
Mailchimp have various guides available. The most popular may be accessed by clicking below. More guides are available.
Need help identifying lapsed and low quality email addresses?
Email Checker provide my clients with a 20% discount. Visit Email Checker and enter discount code ORGANIC20 at checkout to receive the discount.
Mailchimp Best Practices
Below is guide to Mailchimp best practice.
You may also download a copy.
Best performing email designs
The 3 things that seem to be shared by accounts that send really good email:
- They tend to use simple layouts.
- They keep their copy concise.
- They test what they’re sending out.
Below are average open, click, unsubscribe and abuse rates for Mailchimp customers. Please note that these are very general and Mailchimp publish industry specific stats.
Read tips on how to improve your open rates!
- Mailchimp Support: Got questions? Mailchimp have a wealth of up-to-date information and instructions at http://kb.mailchimp.com
- Mailchimp Research: Interested in email marketing data? See https://mailchimp.com/resources/research
- Australian Communications & Media Authority: The Spam Act and other related information may be found at http://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Marketers/Anti-Spam
- NiftyImages: A great way to add a countdown timer to an email campaign https://niftyimages.com
- AddEvent: Tool for adding ‘save to calendar’ icons into a Mailchimp campaign https://www.addevent.com
- Email Monks: If you require a custom template then http://www.emailmonks.com are good. Let me know before using their services as my clients get a 50% discount off their first Email Monks order.
- Setup custom domain authentication: To improve your Mailchimp sent delivery rates follow the instructions at http://eepurl.com/b43Lqb
- Talos domain quality: Check the quality of your domain at https://www.talosintelligence.com/reputation_center (a reputation of ‘Poor’ isn’t good)
- Safe maximum size of email campaigns: Why not to have too much content in each campaign https://www.emailonacid.com/blog/article/email-development/how_does_email_file_size_affect_deliverability
- Text on images: Test whether your images may have too much text at https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay
- Easy to create custom images: Create all sorts of custom images at https://www.canva.com
- Images and videos for free use: Search images that are licensed for reuse at https://search.creativecommons.org
- Get help in making your text more readable http://www.hemingwayapp.com/
- 10 helpful landing page tips https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/landing-page-optimization