In general, small and medium sized organizations require a website which fulfils their objectives but do not ‘cost’ them unnecessary or unproductive time. Let’s face it, the Owners and Managers in Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) have their hands full with running the organization and don’t have the capacity to manage websites (never mind understand the technical jargon used such as SEO, Web Hosting, linking, Apache, PHP etc.)
So, for the SME decision makers out there, here is a very quick summary of the process in getting a website set up and managed for your organization. The assumption is made that a consultant will be engaged by you to guide you and do as much as possible (contact me if you need website guidance or assistance):
- 1. A web consultant is engaged.
- 2. A discovery meeting is held so that the consultant may understand your objectives and various specifics (e.g. colours, logos and content).
- 3. The consultant provides a Statement of Work (SOW) which describes the engagement and the work to be performed. The SME decision maker formally agrees to the SOW.
- 4. The consultant makes available a prototype website.
- 5. Amendments are made to the prototype until it fulfils the items per the SOW.
- 6. The website goes live.
- 7. The website is managed and updated as agreed.
The real key for the SME decision maker is to select a web consultant who is able to add value to the business. There are very many consultants out there who are able to set-up and host a website but it is seldom that they understand the business of their clients and are able to offer them constructive business related advice. After all, a website is an investment and should provide a decent return on that Investment (ROI).
If you are interested in having a website setup for your or your organization in Hornsby, Pymble, Chatswood or anywhere else in Sydney the please contact me.