I’ve used FileZilla, the FTP client software, for many years and love it. As a WordPress Website designer I’m constantly moving files using FTP and FileZilla just works brilliantly. There are other good FTP clients out there such as Cyberduck and FireFTP (an addon for Mozilla Firefox) but I haven’t had a reason to move from FileZilla.
Steps to recover the FileZilla Site Manager password
Are you ready to see how simple recovering a password really is? Follow these steps.
- Open the FileZilla client software.
- Click the Open the Site Manager icon in the toolbar.
- With your mouse pointer over the entry for which you want to recover the password, alternate mouse click.
- Click Export and save to your desired location on your computer.
- Open the exported file in a text editor.
- Between <Pass> and </Pass> you’ll see the password in plain text.
That’s all. You now have the password that was previously hidden.
If you found this Post useful, please share with others.