How to copy music from one Google Play Music account to another
Here is the way that I successfully copied all my songs intact in their respective playlists from one Google Play Music account to another (and then I was able to unsubscribe my original subscription).
- Create a new Gmail account unrelated to your G Suite domain (it’s free).
- Subscribe to the family plan in Google Play Music (or any other subscription plan) with your new Gmail email address.
- Login to Google Play Music with your G Suite linked email address.
- In your Music Library, hover over each of your Playlists, click the options for each playlist and share each playlist.
- In a separate Internet Browser open Google Play Music with your newly created Gmail account (per step 1 above).
- From your original (G Suite linked) Google Play Music account copy the link to the shared playlist for your first playlist and go to that link.
- In the Browser that you have your new Gmail account open, paste the shared link (that you copied in the step above).
- Now click the options icon then ‘add playlist to playlist’. Add the shared playlist to your own new playlist.
- Add all playlists from your original Google Play Music to your new subscription.
Now you’re ready to unsubscribe to Google Play Music with your G Suite linked email address as your playlists, along with music in the playlists, have been copied to your new account. In your Google Play Music apps on your Android and iOS devices you now just need to login with your new Gmail account to have access to your new subscription.
A word of warning; my playlists didn’t contain any purchased music so I’m not sure that the instructions above will move across purchased music.