Follow the instructions below to set Inbox by Gmail (or Gmail) as your default email handler in Windows 10 (note: the below assumes that you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser). If you use Gmail itself then in Step 8 below you’ll select gmail.com in place of inbox.google.com.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- View your email (i.e. open https://inbox.google.com/).
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon to the top left of the Chrome Browser (this looks like three vertical bars or dots ).
- Click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click Show advanced settings…
- Under the Privacy header click Content settings…
- Under the Handlers header click Manage handlers…
- Under the Type of mailto select inbox.google.com.
- Click Done then Done again.
When you now click an email link on a webpage, a new message will be created in Inbox by Gmail.