I use Inbox by Gmail as my email reader of choice. What really annoys me however is that it isn’t easily evident how to make Inbox by Gmail the default email handler in Microsoft Window 10.
Follow the instructions below to set Inbox by Gmail (or Gmail) as your default email handler in Windows 10 (note: the below assumes that you use Google Chrome as your Internet browser). If you use Gmail itself then in Step 8 below you’ll select gmail.com in place of inbox.google.com.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- View your email (i.e. open https://inbox.google.com/).
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon to the top left of the Chrome Browser (this looks like three vertical bars or dots ).
- Click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click Show advanced settings…
- Under the Privacy header click Content settings…
- Under the Handlers header click Manage handlers…
- Under the Type of mailto select inbox.google.com.
- Click Done then Done again.
When you now click an email link on a webpage, a new message will be created in Inbox by Gmail.