It’s great to have you in class.
So that exercises may be completed, please create/setup the following:
- In your Mailchimp account, create a new Audience that you may use in class.
- Call it anything you want.
- Add a few valid email addresses so that you may send email campaigns to the Audience and you’ll receive the campaigns.
- For some of the email addresses add first names and for others leave the first name field empty.
- Sign up for Canva Pro (free trial).
- Sign up for a free NiftyImages account.
- If you don’t have a Zapier account then create a “Starter” account here (free trial).
The following compliment the class handout.
Mailchimp Automation – Welcome Email
Welcome email automation instructions may be seen at https://mailchimp.com/help/create-an-automated-welcome-email/
Mailchimp Automation – Send an Email Based on a Specific Link Click
To add a NiftyImages countdown timer into a Mailchimp email campaign we need to add the NiftyImages supplied HTML into a Mailchimp code content block.
Once you’ve added a Mailchimp code content block to your campaign, the code content block will contain:
<div class="mcnTextContent">Use your own custom HTML</div>
Replace the above with:
<div class="mcnTextContent" style="text-align:center;"> <img class="mcnImage" src="URL" /> </div>
Replace URL in the code to be the URL of the image that NiftyImages supplies to you. The content of the Mailchimp code content block will now look something like
<div class="mcnTextContent" style="text-align:center;"> <img class="mcnImage" src="https://img1.niftyimages.com/bmi/7e-h/1234" /> </div>
Animated Images in Email Campaigns
Mailchimp Surveys were introduced in February 2020. The video below explains how the Survey functionality works. Further details may be seen here.
The video below shows how to setup the capitalization zap in Zapier.